What Makes My Heart Smile

  • my education
  • graphic tees that say interesting things
  • sundresses
  • shoes
  • forehead kisses
  • hearing someone say i love you
  • phone convos that last until the wee hours of the morning
  • good conversations
  • chai tea
  • my notebook & pen
  • being still
  • roller coasters
  • warm summer starry-skied nights
  • a really good book
  • long, hot showers
  • love
  • GOD
  • boyfriend
  • friends
  • family

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tell My Story

What makes someone's story interesting enough to put to paper? Can any of us make that judgment? Yes. We all have backgrounds, true. We all don't have stories, also true, in my opinion. Not everyone possesses the skills necessary to put you in their shoes so that you can live their story. So that you can understand it.
Which is where writers come in. We have (or we should have) the ability to take the spoken word and craft it into something written, something tangible, something to make you look at that person and say 'Wow...so THAT's why..." or 'Wow...I couldn't have done that, but I understand why you did..."
This is biography. That is how you do it. You don't tell the positive side, you don't tell the negative side. You tell the story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment